The International Youth Exchange ‘La Storia Nostra: Towards Active Citizenship’ 2019 is currently in its final stage. Below is an overview of this project, follow our website for updates and future programmes.
Where!? //In the Italian Alps, in the village of Piana di Forno
When!? // From 1-15 July, 2019
How much will it costs? // All costs will be covered! (travel, accommodation, food & planned activities)
Who!? For motivated young people between 16 and 19 years, coming from Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy or Sweden
What did we do?
- Ice-breakers and cooperative games to get to know other participants and their stories
- Learn about inclusion, cooperation and active citizenship through interactive workshops and group conversations
- Outdoor activities and the exploration of the beautiful Italian Alps.
- Meeting other young people from Europe and forming new friendships
- Learn about sustainability by doing hands-on projects. For example organic gardening, restoration with natural materials, collecting edible plants from the forest, up-cycling…
- Step into your leadership skills by organising a public event with creative performances, organic food and fun activities about sustainability and social inclusion
- Discover non-formal learning methods such as “Art of Hosting”; “Open Forum”; “World Café” to work on the following objectives:
- Increase self-awareness by engaging with issues such as identity and culture.
- Building bridges across different cultures and creating a healthy and inclusive community.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of some of the most current problems, such as the limits of capitalism, sustainable development, racism, etc.
- Develop skills to help improve the local community